Tuesday, May 17, 2011

KBS “Immortal Song 2″ Holds Press Conference







On May 16th, KBS’s upcoming variety show, “Immortal Song 2“, held a press conference at the new KBS building with the official line-up in attendance.


IU, who’s been receiving countless love calls from MBC’s “I Am a Singer“, explained her decision on choosing the ‘idol version’ of the show, “I felt that I wasn’t talented enough to join ‘I Am a Singer’. They’re all legends, and since I’m still learning their songs, I felt that this program would be a better fit.”


She continued, “As everyone believes, I’m still lacking in both skill and talent. I hope to gain more experience in 10 and 20 years from now and join ‘I Am a Singer’ then.”


IU was asked if she had any other idol singers in mind to join the program with her, to which she replied, “I actually recommended SHINee’s Jonghyun, and I didn’t think he’d be joining us here like this today. I’m personally a fan of his voice.”

Jonghyun stated, “I actually didn’t want IU to come on the program because she’s such a great singer. She’s a vocalist whom I personally really like. I thought that maybe if one less person came out, there’d be a greater chance for me to win.”


Super Junior’s Yesung commented, “I hope to show that idol singers can sing too. As opposed to competing, it’s just an honor for me to be able to sing the songs of my seniors. I’m glad to be able to showcase good music and a good image.”

2AM’s Changmin added, “It’d be a lie if I said I wasn’t nervous. I’m definitely nervous, and what’s most pressuring to me is that all of the idol singers danced and sang at the same time while I just stood in place. I will do my best.”

Yoseob stated, “I’m really nervous but I prepared that much more for this. I won’t focus on the rankings, as it is just an honor for me to be able to stand here with legendary singers today.”


When asked about how the other members reacted, he replied, “They supported me since it’s an opportunity for me to get B2ST’s name known. I hope to do well and raise awareness for our group. I will work hard to live up to their expectations.”

SISTAR’s Hyorin commented, “Our first mission track by Shim Soo Bong will probably be best expressed by IU. I’m thankful for this opportunity and will definitely work hard.”

She continued, “The SISTAR members didn’t give me any pressure and just told me to do well. They’re anticipating a lot, but also worrying a lot as well. They’re my biggest source of strength.”

IU concluded, “I, too, think it’s an honor to be able to sing great songs alongside my peers. I will work hard so that I do not bring a negative image to my seniors.”

Led by Kim Gura and Shin Dong Yup, the show will debut on June 4th with a line-up including Super Junior’s Yesung, 2AM’s Changmin, SISTAR’s Hyorin, B2ST’s Yoseob, IU, and SHINee’s Jonghyun.




Source: Economic Daily Star Today via Nate, OSEN via Nate, My Daily via Nate, TV Daily via Nate, ALLKPOP

No comments:

Post a Comment