Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Feel Bad About the JunHyung and HyunSeung Issue (WARNING: TOO LONG TO READ)

In the height of the JunHyung and HyunSeung issue, ignoring the fans in their Malaysian Tour. It just come to my reflection as to how much B2UTYS we truly are. Honestly speaking, I've been a B2UTY just August of last year though I have heard of BEAST during their debut two years ago. My attention was caught more by MBLAQ knowing that they were under Rain's management and Rain was quite popular in the Philippines. I never dared to even check-out a single video of BEAST. Until a friend invited me to the Big Bang 5th gathering last May. (I was a full-blooded ELF at that time and a half Cassiopeian and half Hottest.) Seriously speaking, even at that time I'm still unaware of BEAST. The closest piece of idea that I had maybe of them is hearing from that Big Bang gathering about Hyunseung who fell short of joining Big Bang. Oh, also maybe adding Doo Joon in twitter, as during that time I was really addicted to that social networking site because of Super Junior's Donghae and I just technically add Kpop idols at random. I suddenly remember DooJoon too, that he visited Manila for a charity show Danbi earlier that year. I was more of a 2PM cheerer at that time and was after to see Nickhun. Too bad I wasn't able to see him. Oh, I guess that's too much of an introduction already as to how I began as a b2uty. Oftentimes, since I was a KPOP fan I wanted to see the idols in person whenever they go on tour in the country. I came to see UKISS alone in March just out of curiosity. In July, while I was strolling in The Block, I saw this poster about the BEAST mall tour. It was another school day, so I have to set my priority schedules straight. Thank God, I'll be just in time to check them out that day. And that's where I saw them in-person. All I can remember that time was the articles I read before I saw them, that they were a bunch of scraps and copycats. To confess, I was really just curious about JunHyung, if he really is copying G-Dragon because I think it's him the articles are referring to. I also saw their performance guesting  in a noon time show and I just find it ok, nothing really remarkable except JunHyung's red hair, I admit I was really thinking he is following G-Dragon's styles. And upon checking them out in that mall tour, it was brief encounter as I left the place at once due to time constraints, I saw what I needed to see, what I'm curious about. I checked if they look the same as their pictures, if they are extraordinary (especially in height) and most of all if they are cheerful to fans. I was looking for KiKwang aka. AJ as I read from the forum the night before that, that he was late to come due to prior engagements. And before seeing him in person, I just thought he has the same height as the others. Literally, I didn't even notice everyone else except for their hair colors, especially JunHyung, who as I said was a red head at that time. I even thought before that DooJoon was shorter than KiKwang, but realized that I was wrong. I saw the smiles coming from Yoon leader, KiKwang and the maknae but I saw shyness and curiosity from YoSeob, JunHyung and HyunSeung. I was waiting for JunHyung to smile as he really look so fierce like a dragon but it never happened until I left the place. To explain the whole experience. I would say I was satisfied that I saw them in front of me but was dissatisfied with their expressions on stage. But I never dared to tell the whole world about it, not because I'm not a b2uty at that time but because I don't think its even relevant to do so and to bash people. During August time while browsing YouTube, I got the chance to browse back their performance in the local noon time show here again just after reading an article about DooJoon who was both busy shooting for a sitcom and joining the practices in preparation for the 3rd album. It was probably a publicity article for the Yoon leader. I suddenly turned into watching the episodes of More Charming By the Day where DooJoon and Beast appeared. It was funny, so I get to like it more. I found myself slowly discovering each of their music videos and watching their performances of Shock from Music Bank, MCountdown, Inkigayo and Music Core in YouTube. Later, I realized I was craving for their reality TV shows already and documentaries. I feel that it was a good decision that Papa Hong Cube not only took the risk to produce them but also in putting them in reality TV shows and documentaries. In this way, fans would get to know them better. And I was one of those lucky fans who felt like I know them a lot now because of it. To explain clearly, when we say reality TV or documentaries it means there isn't a script, if there is, its too minimal. And it is going to be really hard for them to act it out than to do it naturally in front of the camera. 

As I watch these BEAST shows, I felt like I knew them each from the start. In short, they are people who were too easy to read unlike other idol members. Among all the other groups I supported, they were the most natural  and most innocent. Maybe because they were young and they have a rough start. Acting was a little bit more difficult for them than being natural. I remember the pictorial for their Bad Girl Album. It was their first so you can see how naive they are. Just imagine JunHyung mentioning to the world about the jewelries they have to wear and he said that he thinks their hands are not beautiful but because of the accessories assigned to them to wear they look better. And when they looked at the final photos on the PC monitor after the pictorial, he once again reiterated that he felt really amazed how the pictures turned out so great because before he thought they all look like a bunch of losers. It was a clear statement of a person knowing where he came from, it was a sign of humility.

The reason I'm writing this novel, hehe, quite too long for an essay, is to answer the rumors that some BEAST members had a bad impression of B2UTIES approaching them or following them or those who were trying to get close to them. All I have to say is that they are people too, we all breathe the same air. If we get tired, they get tired as well. If we feel sad then they get depress as well. But to exaggerate stories was such a HUGE MISTAKE. If I really have the purpose of bashing any idol, my bias or not, I should have written something even worse than what this Malaysian fan did when I met them last July. But the idea is that, its quite irrelevant. Way back, I never even knew that I would be a B2UTY now. It was even a good thing that I never wrote something like that or I will be regretting it now.

After I got to know them more. I learned to accept that they are not perfect, try watching an episode of IDOL B2ST Maid where Shim BongSun was teaching the BEAST members how to be a perfect comedian, it was the episode when DooJoon cooked for the rest including the maids. You can watch it there how they honestly answer the questions and they even didn't deny that some members have attitude problems. One example is that DongWoon telling the whole wide world his dilemma of adjusting to his hyungs as to why they often leave their make-ups or cosmetics out in the open and purposely don't cover it. So he said he end up closing it always and re-arrange the things in the bathroom including their toothbrushes. You would get to know JunHyung better in this episode too, he was not the quiet type that he usually is whenever he is on stage, when it is an informal interview like that he was more open to say it all. He mentions about KiKwang being so forgetful that in the beginning that they thought he was doing it purposely but they realized later on that he was just really foolishly forgetful. He mentions about HyunSeung whom he thought wanted to have a fight with him regarding a song lyric. He even discussed DooJoon's attitude as a leader, who is always ready to help without telling the members, but he said this doesn't mean the leader is always a good leader. To that message, he didn't disclose it further. But as a B2UTY you can also judge for yourself who Yoon leader is.

I was more of narrating to you my experience as a b2uty than answering the question if the issue about HyunSeung and JunHyung is true. Well, all I can say is that in the many months and days that I've been a b2uty, whenever I wake up it's already them who is the first thing that appeared in my mind and even when I'm about to sleep and even while I'm working. I would say I breathe like BEAST already. And even during the times that I notice their shortcomings, it has never occurred to me to write something bad about it. Each of them has a unique personality and attitudes that I know I might not like even if I live with them in one roof, but as a fan, as a b2uty was it right for me to be the one to really pull them down? Their careers has just took-off, so why pull them down so fast? Was it a crab-mentality or something? I just remember the saying, when someone gets famous, many detractors will suddenly emerge. And this is I guess one of them.

This issue was not an issue to me last night as I know Seunggie to be really cold most of the time, not just to other people but even to his members. But that doesn't mean he's always bad and that he's always like that. There were also moments when everyone of us are tired and simply wanted to be alone specifically. Tell me, who here didn't feel that way even once and I will tell you, you were not quite a normal person. As everyone wanted to have peace of mind sometimes. Especially, during the times that you are very tired or you were scolded/angered by someone. Maybe they have shown their smiles a zillion times but none of us ever make it like a big news but in one moment that we saw them frown to us, we'd create a chaos? I am not saying I agree or believe this thing really happened it's just that if it really has happened then should we really bother anyone about it or it is better for us to keep it to ourselves. It is not to protect our bias but it is because we are fans by heart. She said it herself, up to now she is still a b2uty and she will continue to be one even after what happened but that's her. What about the others who read what she wrote, would they still have the same opinion about Hyunseung and JunHyung after that? Would they still support BEAST? It was just a matter of principle. You got hurt and that's the problem but another problem is you're a b2uty. By doing this, does it still prove you are one?


No comments:

Post a Comment