Monday, January 31, 2011

YoSeob Casted in GWANGHWAMUN SONATA, a Musical



Finally, YoSeob was casted in a musical, it will be his very first stage play musical performance and it was just right for him to be in one being one of the best singers that originate from famous idol groups nowadays.

He attended the press conference of the said musical in Seoul Plaza Hotel’s Grand Ballroom on January 24th right after he came from the recording of Idol Athletic Sports Championship. 

He even tweeted that day that he didn't have the chance to sleep at all and needed to head at once to the press conference.

He told the reporters that he was hesitant before to take up the cast offer. “When my company first asked me if I knew of any song by composer Lee Young Hoon, I realized that I didn’t. When they asked me whether I knew ‘Red Sunset,‘ I said that I had heard it before. The company told me that I could be considered for a role in the musical, ‘Gwanghwamun Sonata,’ which left me worried since I didn’t know any song by composer Lee.”


Yoseob continued, “Afterwards, I found out more about the composer and heard more things about senior Lee Moon Sae and director Lee Jina; I then wanted to take part in the musical. I’ll be working hard to ensure that I do not cause harm to the musical.”


Yoseob will be playing as ‘Jiyong,’ the son of the two leading roles.


Director Lee Jina added, “Yang Yoseob and Heo Gyu were double-cast for one role. The difference between their ages are vast, but I think Yoseob will fit the role since he’s closer to the age of ‘Jiyong.’ Heo Gyu is a bit older, but because of his youthful looks, he’ll be able to bring out the 21-year-old ‘Jiyong.’”
Over 30 songs will be used for the musical, which is scheduled to run from March 20th to April 10th at the Sejong Culture Theater Hall.

Source: Sports Today, alkpop, mbbwp

No comments:

Post a Comment